UK Policy Summary
Summary of annual UK Breakdown Cover
(Breakdown Direct 401 includes European cover extension)
- Please read this document carefully. The information given here is only a summary of the cover provided. Full terms and conditions can be found within the policy document so please take time to read this and understand the cover it provides.
- Vehicle Breakdown and Key Protection Cover is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A, which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR. AXA Assistance (UK) operates the 24/7 motoring assistance helpline.
- Motorists’ Legal Expenses Cover & Legal Advice, is underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited.
- This is a vehicle breakdown policy, which provides breakdown help and benefits for the specific vehicle and period shown on your Breakdown Cover policy schedule. Depending on the level of cover chosen, the following sections will apply:
|Level of Cover||101||201||301||401|
|Sections Applicable||Section A||Sections A & B||Sections A-C||Sections A-D|
|1hr roadside assistance||√||√||√||√|
|Tow to local garage – max 15 miles||√||√||√||√|
|Recovery to preferred UK destination||√||√||√|
|Hire car / overnight accommodation||√||√||√|
|Cover at home address||√||√|
|Free legal Advice||√||√||√||√|
|Free legal expenses||√ ||√||√||√|
|Free lost key cover||√||√||√|
|Free caravan/trailer cover||√||√||√||√|
- Your policy covers your vehicle or anyone driving with your permission.
- At the start of cover, your vehicle must be no older than 15 years old and in good working order
- Your vehicle must not exceed the following: 3,500 kg gross vehicle weight, or 5.1m in length, 1.95m in height and 2.1m in width.
- The maximum number of vehicle occupants must not exceed seven persons, including the driver.
- Any breakdown that happens during the first 24 hours after cover is taken out for the first time is not covered, except for those benefits available under Section A, which are available immediately.
- European cover has maximum trip duration of 31 days, and 90 days in all during the annual period of cover.
- If your vehicle is in a position where it cannot be easily accessed or worked on e.g. buried in snow, you may be responsible for the costs of any specialist equipment required to remove or recover it.
- Recovery or assistance where your vehicle is being used for the carriage of people for hire or reward is not covered, unless we have agreed this with you in writing.
- You must carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel, or if not designed to carry one, the manufacturer’s supplied alternative, e.g, aerosol repair kit.
- Accident recovery costs are limited to £100. Your vehicle insurer may meet any additional costs.
Motorists legal expenses Cover - Significant features
- Motorist's legal advice and expenses, up to £100,000, helps you to recover uninsured losses and costs from the person responsible, if your vehicle is accidentally damaged or you and/or your passengers are harmed
- It must be more likely than not, that DAS will recover damages.
- Any legal costs and expenses incurred before DAS have accepted the claim.
Key Protection Cover - Significant features
- All claims must be reported to AXA Assistance within 48 hours of the incident first taking place.
- Key Protection Cover, up to £500 per annum in total, including VAT.
- If you wish to cancel this cover, you have 14 days from the time you receive the policy documentation to do so, by contacting Breakdown Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through your online account. We will return any premium paid providing no claims have been made on the policy during that time, less an administration fee of £10.
- To obtain Breakdown and Key Cover assistance in the UK, contact the 24-Hour emergency helpline on: 0800 389 5424 or 00 44 1737 815224, when outside the UK. To make a claim on your Motorists’ Legal Expenses Cover, or for Legal Advice contact DAS on 0800 7836066.
Making Yourself HeardOur aim is 100% customer satisfaction, but, if you have a complaint about Breakdown Solutions Ltd, please contact the Customer Service Manager at Breakdown Direct on email@example.com.
If you have a complaint about breakdown or key cover you can write to the Quality Manager at IPA in Redhill, RH1 1PR or telephone 01737 815023. If you have a complaint about legal cover call 0844 8939013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is impossible to reach an agreement you have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Docklands, London E14 9SR or telephone 0800 023 4567.
Details about the Regulator
IPA, DAS and Breakdown Solutions Ltd are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA website includes a register of all regulated firms, can be visited at www.fca.gov.uk/register, or they can be contacted on 0800 111 6768.
We are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS offers protection for customers of financial services firms. Further information can be obtained from www.fscs.org.uk
- Eligibility: UK registered cars & motorcycles (private, company, hired, leased) under 11 years old (sorry no vans).
- Return journeys only. Buy any time before leaving your UK home address.
- Documents delivered to your inbox, or postal option.
- Vehicles up to: 5.1m L, 1.95m H & 2.1m W. (temporary additions eg, roof boxes don't count) 3,500 kg GVW
- NEW: As of 1/7/ 2012 it's illegal to drive in France without an NF Approved breathalyser in your car.