About our Breakdown Insurance Services
Our Regulators, the Financial Services Authority, require that we tell you the following
1. Breakdown Direct is the trading name of Breakdown Solutions Ltd, 5 Warnham Crt Rd, Carshalton Beeches, Surrey, SM5 3LY. Breakdown Solutions Ltd is registered in England and Wales (registered number 3828289). Breakdown Solutions Ltd operates as an independent insurance intermediary and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Our FSA Registration Number is 308864.
2. Our underwriters:
Vehicle breakdown and Key Protection cover:
Inter Partner Assistance, part of the AXA Insurance Group
Registered in England and Wales
Company Number FC008998
Motor legal cover:
Motor legal cover is administered on behalf of DAS Legal Expenses by Amicus Legal Ltd, registered in England company number 3524185.
The Insurers are based in the United Kingdom.
3. We do not give advice or make recommendations on this web site to you about your vehicle breakdown insurance needs, which may also include additional key and legal cover.
You will not have to pay a fee for our services unless you require a mid term adjustment e.g. an upgrade to your existing cover. In this situation, we will inform you what fee is due and only proceed with your agreement.
4. If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us at:
Customer Services Manager, Breakdown Direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of you not being satisfied with the handling of your complaint with regard to Vehicle Breakdown and Key Protection Cover, you can write to the Quality Manager, who will arrange an investigation on behalf of the General Manager, at: Inter partner Assistance, The Quadrangle, 106 -118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR or telephone 0870 609 0023
In the event of you not being satisfied with the handling of your claim in respect of Motor Legal Cover, you can write to the Claims Director, Amicus Legal Ltd, The Old Exchange, 64 West Stockwell Street, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1HE.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Docklands, London E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800.
The existence of these procedures does not affect your right to take legal proceedings
5. We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
The FSCS is a safety net for customers of financial services firms should the firm not be able to meet its liabilities. Further information can be obtained from on www.fscs.org.uk
- Average response rate under 40 minutes (UK).
- Breakdown cover for cars, motorcycles and commercial vans. Limits apply.
- Discounts of up to 30% for multi vehicle policies (UK cover).
- 14 day money back guarantee. Subject to T&C's.
- Simple online policy managment.