European Policy Summary
Summary of single trip European Cover
Please read this document carefully. The information given here is only a summary of the cover provided. Full terms and conditions can be found within the policy document so please take time to read this and understand the cover it provides.
Please note the following important information
European Vehicle Breakdown Cover is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A (part of the worldwide AXA Group), The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR. All cover will run for the period shown on your European Breakdown Cover policy schedule. Please ensure the period of cover is correct and that the policy covers the countries you are visiting. Countries covered are as follows:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and dependent Islands of the above mentioned countries.
- Breakdown cover applies to the vehicle shown on your policy schedule, which must be a UK registered (private, hired, leased or company owned) car or motorcycle, less than 11 years old when your journey starts. It must not exceed the following limits: 3,500 kg gross vehicle weight or, 5.1m in length, 2m in height and 2.1m in width. (temporary additions such as roof boxes do not count).
- Caravans & trailers can be covered for an additional supplement. They must not exceed 8m in length, 3m in height and 2.25 in width.
- Only return journeys starting and ending in the UK of up to 31 days duration are covered.
- Breakdown cover can be purchased anytime before leaving your UK home address.
- At the start of cover, your vehicle must be in good working order & serviced in line with the manufacturer’s servicing schedule (not necessarily at a main dealer).
- Vans are not eligible for breakdown cover unless we have given you our written permission.
- Breakdown cover commences at 00:01 hours on the first day of cover as shown on your policy schedule.
- 24/7 English speaking emergency helpline
- No excess charges
- Roadside assistance and up to 60 minutes labour.
- Local recovery to the nearest suitable repairer.
- Cover to re-establish the vehicle’s security following theft/attempted theft.
- Delivery of replacement parts not available locally.
- Vehicle hire or choice of transport to continue your journey, or overnight accommodation whilst your vehicle is being repaired.
- Provision of an alternative driver if you are medically unfit to drive home.
- If you can’t use your own vehicle to return home, we’ll pay the costs to return you, your passengers and your vehicle home.
- The maximum number of occupants must not exceed 7 people.
- You must carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel, or manufacturer’s supplied alternative (does not apply to motorbikes).
- If you wish to cancel this cover, you have 14 days from the time you receive the policy documentation to do so, by contacting Breakdown Direct at email@example.com, or through your online account. We will return any premium paid providing, 1) no claims have been made on the policy during that time and/or, 2) your journey has not already begun, less an administration fee of £10.
To obtain Breakdown assistance in the UK, contact the 24 hour emergency helpline on: 0800 389 5424 or 00 44 1737 815224 when outside the UK
Making Yourself Heard
Our aim is 100% customer satisfaction, but, if you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service Manager at Breakdown Direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of you not being satisfied with the handling of your complaint, for:
- Breakdown Cover, you can write to the Quality Manager, who will arrange an investigation on behalf of the General Manager, at: Inter partner Assistance, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1PR or telephone 0870 609 0023.
If it is impossible to reach an agreement you have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Docklands, London E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800.
The existence of these procedures does not affect your right to take legal proceedings.
Details about the regulator
Our underwriters are regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The Financial Services Authority website which includes a register of all regulated firms can be visited at www.fsa.gov.uk/register, or the Financial Services Authority can be contacted on 0845 606 1234.
Inter Partner Assistance are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS is a safety net for customers of financial services firms should the relevant company not be able to meet its liabilities. Further information can be obtained from www.fscs.org.uk
- Eligibility: UK registered cars & motorcycles (private, company, hired, leased) under 11 years old (sorry no vans).
- Return journeys only. Buy any time before leaving your UK home address.
- Documents delivered to your inbox, or postal option.
- Vehicles up to: 5.1m L, 2m H & 2.1m W. (temporary additions eg, roof boxes don't count) 3,500 kg GVW
- NEW: As of 1/7/ 2012 it's illegal to drive in France without an NF Approved breathalyser in your car.